Oct 10, 2015

SATURDAY SPINSTER BLISS

The afternoon light is just so gorgeous this time of year....I almost hold my breath for the color change!

Stewey has decided that 4pm is "spaceship" time, and I'm happy to oblige him by filling said spaceship with a few scoops of Purina Little Bites, because it's the only time I can be assured that he's getting adequate nutrition.  Damn dog and his dainty eating habits.

I went to guild today and have started the project: Cotton Candy by Stickideen Von Der Wiehenburg Designs.  It's on page 31 of the March/April 2015 issue of Needlepoint Now.  It sure feels good to have a needle in my hands again!

My second Angie Grace coloring book is on its way to me now, along with some new markers.  I am experimenting, and have discovered that I really love Bic Mark-Its in ultra fine in addition to the Sharpie ultra fines.  I did have a little revelation yesterday as I was grabbing threads for today's project....I think all of the coloring is really going to help me with color selection in stitching!  So here I was, worried that my new obsession with coloring would ruin my obsession with stitching, and I think it's actually going to ENHANCE it!

Who's happier than me?




5 comments:

  1. Have you seen this one? I have it preordered :0

    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0143108999?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many have coloring beautiful pictures. I am getting tempted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Coni, thank you so much for visiting my little neck of the woods. I have enjoyed getting to know you here on this wonderful blog of yours. Your dog is delightful. One of the Medical Foster Mother's I work with is currently obsessed with adult coloring books. She mixes amazing colors in her work, she uses mostly colored pencils. I will tell her about the pens you use.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is wonderful hearing you are getting so much enjoyment out of the coloring. And I think your eye for color is wonderful already so I am going to be blown away if you think it is getting even better!! Can't wait to see what you come up with :) And Stewey is very cute as always!!

    ReplyDelete