Nov 25, 2015

TURKEY EVE

It took longer to stand in line at the Honey Baked Ham That Has Turkey That Tastes Like Ham store than it did to buy provisions for tomorrow's feast.  Stewey and I are ready....coffee, the paper, and a mini quiche while watching the parade, and then all of the normal stuff for dinner.

I am, however, completely ashamed to confess that I had a turkey sandwich for dinner tonight, thus breaking all kinds of tradition by indulging a day early.  I couldn't reist the idea of a Siggie Special...turkey, mayo, celery sticks, salt and pepper on Pepperidge Farm white bread.  I guess the fact that I only have them once a year gives me a pass...right?

Copper & Turquoise is coming along quite nicely:
Ideally, I will complete this one soon so that I can start to think about the Spinster Stitcher Basket O' Yuletide Fun.  For some crazy reason, I am really looking forward to it this year.  I've even started planning my baking, decorating, and shopping!  Friday was going to be outside decoration day, but the forecast calls for rain, so methinks we might do a little inside decorating that day instead.

Or I could just take a nap and have another turkey sandwich.

If you're celebrating, I hope that your table is overflowing with love and health and happiness!  If you're not celebrating, I hope that your table is overflowing too.  

Happy Thanksgiving, all!  I'm thankful for you!

12 comments:

  1. Great progress! It's ok to cheat. Just don't tell my DH, he has been after me to let him have a taste of the chocolate mousse cake all day. LOL Wishing you and your family a Happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a happy! Enjoy the day. Colorado weather ain't gonna be nice. But much of our family is in Indy and they tell us it'll be in the 60s there. And you all deserve a mild winter for sure after last year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Thanksgiving to you, Stewey, your sister Chrissy and her little dog Bosco, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're really making fast progress on your needlepoint! Have a wonderful day tomorrow with Stewey!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Thanksgiving to you and Stewey!! Your stitching is beautiful as always and I hope you guys enjoy your day tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think you just made a new tradition, a turkey sandwich before the actual day. Happy Thanksgiving.
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your sister and Stewey. I'm always so happy to read your blog and am glad to know you'll be having a comfy cozy day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Thanksgiving to you Coni, and to your sweet Stewey himself...your blog is such a treat and the first one I look for each day in my "favorite blogs" feed...may your Thanksgiving be extra special and the holidays ahead especially sweet.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  10. happy Thanksgiving to you and yours. a beautiful day here in NYC. So warm we had drinks out on the roof deck a half block from Central Park. Can't wait to see your lovely fireplace all decked out!

    ReplyDelete