Jan 19, 2016

HOUSTON, WE HAVE A PLAN

In an effort to get my proverbial house in order, I decided to set about the task of organizing and spritzing and putzing and futzing my way into tidy nirvannah by the end of the week.  Today is a nothing day, of course, because after all of that list writing and pondering over the state of things, I needed a day to go to bed and pull the covers over my head.

I am, however, going to take a bath, put my shoes on, and head to guild tonight, so I do get at least one point for doing something besides imitating a turtle today.

Tomorrow I'm going to get my financial house in order by setting up a proper bill paying basket area. Dropping the mail into a big pile and then getting to it when I get to it isn't exactly a good way to manage one's self, it would seem, since I keep misplacing things like my checkbook and utility bills.

Thursday and Friday are going to be housecleaning days for this poor slovenly spinster, and as God is my witness, I will end up with clean baseboards or I'm going to move.  I've promised myself to take it one room at a time and to allow two days instead of one to do a thorough cleaning, but given the depth of dust and other debris around here, it might take me that long just to fire up the bulldozer.

I blame Stewey and Bosco for this latest state of mess around here, since neither seems willing to put away their toys, throw away their half-eaten bones, or put their cocktail glasses in the dishwasher. I swear, it's like living in a Jack Russell fraternity house around here.

I'm happily stitching away on Miss LJP's Valentine Wreath, and if all goes according to plan I'll have a pretty good update for you soon.  I'll be very excited to get this one finish-finished, since there have been so many great ideas about making it into an actual padded wreath.  And, since we're doing all of these different wreaths in guild, methinks I just might have a new centerpiece for the seasonal displays on the Big White Wall of Nothingness!

That's the report for today, my dear friends.  I hope that you are doing exactly what you want to be doing today and that you're warm and safe and dry while doing it!

9 comments:

  1. The struggle of housework...I'm with ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you! I'm all for organizing, since I don't do so well with it myself!!! On another blog I saw some organizing tips for paper clutter---that's my problem!!! This was from a lady's blog and she does some type of planner that's probably very good! She has an organization plan and it looks interesting! Here's the link:

    http://iheartplanners.com/2016/01/01/tackle-your-paper-clutter/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck on the organizing, Coni! Get it done, but don't forget to reward yourself with guilt free stitching. Have a good time at guild this evening.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Futzing. I have a new word. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Coni, I'm a first time commenter and long time follower. I look forward every day to your next post as I love your blog so much. Have you ever thought of writing a book? From Steweys point of view of course?!! As a fellow stitcher I love all the projects that you work on. You are such a great writer. Hugs Cookie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck with the house cleaning! That is my most least loved job. Right now I am a stay at home mom and I have sworn that the first thing I am going to buy when I go back to work is a maid! :) I am really looking forward to seeing this padded wreath, sounds lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  7. *Sigh* the never ending house cleaning. I know how you feel. Haha I do the same thing with our mail. What a great idea to make the wreath padded.

    ReplyDelete
  8. "Jack Russell Fraternity House" lol

    Debbie in Kansas, who is no better at cleaning and staying organized.

    ReplyDelete