Jan 31, 2016

IN WHICH WE DEFINE PARTY HATS

Gentlemen, please avert your eyes.

OK.  Are they gone?

Girls....the party hats are tiny little band-aid type devices that often have little metal beebees in them. They are affixed to the nipples as markers for the radiologist, since sometimes nipples can appear as abnormalities on the mammogram.  I think they also use them for moles or other areas that they want to mark to avoid a mis-reading of the picture?

Sorry for the very non-technical explanation.  It's all I could find on the internets.

And sorry for saying nipples twice (uh, I mean three times) in this post.

5 comments:

  1. Yup they put one on my scar (mole removal gone wrong) so they know what they're looking at.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I learned something new today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved your last post where you "told" the girls "Party Hats!"
    I think of s!@t like that but do not always say it. When I do, I enjoy the faces of those around me. The ones who "get it" I think I would like to know better the ones who don't get it have my sympathy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bwaaahaaahaaaa! I was literally almost heehawing at my desk reading these 2 posts! I love you Coni!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just recently reached the age of needing a mammogram and had my first one. I feel cheated, I didn't get any party hats. LOL

    ReplyDelete